Landscape Planting Crew Member
We are seeking a seasonal landscape crew member to work in the field on residential and commercial landscape and garden installations with our horticulture team. We focus on creating sustainable, ecologically sound landscapes and are looking for hard working individuals to join our team in Boston. Qualified candidates will have experience or strong interest in the landscaping industry and the ability to work in a variety of weather conditions. Jobs will include planting and soils installation and garden maintenance. Please visit our website for more information on our horticulture installation services: www.offshootsinc.com.
- Previous landscaping experience required
- Strong work ethic, proven ability to prioritize effectively, with organizational skills
- Valid Driver’s license, DOT medical card, clean driving record (Offshoots will reimburse cost of DOT medical card)
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Self-directed able to work independently
- Ability to lift 70+ lbs consistently
- MCLP, MCH, Pesticides License and/ or Arborist certifications a plus
- Signing bonus (with spring 2023 work commitment)
- Health Insurance & Retirement Benefits
- Competitive hourly wage, commensurate with experience
- Education reimbursement for ongoing learning
- Paid holidays
- 2 days minimum paid sick leave
Our office is located within walking distance to the Orange Line/ Sullivan Square in Charlestown. Offshoots Inc. compensates employees with salaries at the top of the industry. Workday is from 6:00am to 3:00pm on weekdays. Flexible hours possible. No weekend or holiday work requirements. If you are interested, please send your resume and work references to Offshoots, Inc. at office @offshootsinc.com and Offshoots Director of Landscape Operations Joe Shafner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates are welcome to join the team for the remainder of the 2022 season, or positions are available for those that wish to wait to start in the spring. Candidates that stay through the spring 2023 season will receive a signing bonus.
About Offshoots: Focused on creating productive landscapes that provide ecological, social, and economic benefits, Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture, planning and horticultural installation company in Boston. We specialize in the design of highly specific planting schemes that are ecologically connected, integrating phytoremediation systems to uptake and remove pollutants from the environment. Installation projects include residential gardens, public parks, and multi-family housing projects. Please visit our website: www.offshootsinc.com for more information.