Offshoots Inc. is looking for Certified Horticulturists with an interest in organic gardening and sustainable, ecological landscaping to join our fine gardening and maintenance team! We are looking for candidates with prior field experience with a strong horticultural knowledge in all aspects of ecological gardening: pruning, pest and disease ID (IPM practices), plant communities and water/irrigation needs. Team members will be required to carry out instructions from our Lead Gardener as well as communicate priorities, plans, expectations, and issues with other staff. Candidates must be an independent self-starter able to track hours and take photos to track plant community development on job sites. Job involves working directly with plants, mulch, and irrigation systems.
Daily tasks include: driving to job sites, maintenance of woody trees and shrubs, perennials and annual material, installation of small plant materials, meadow work (identification of weeds and favorable plants, string trimming, herbicide applications), pruning, deadheading, grooming, weeding, edging, organic pesticide and fertilizer application, mulching, spring and fall clean up and debris removal.
- Valid Driver’s license, clean driving record
- Pesticide Applicators License or ability to obtain one (fees to be reimbursed)
- Strong observation and communication skills, with significant interest in organic, sustainable horticultural practices.
- Strong work ethic, proven ability to prioritize effectively, with organizational skills
- Self-directed able to work independently
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs consistently
- Competitive hourly wage, commensurate with experience
- Education reimbursement for ongoing learning
- Paid sick leave and vacation benefits
- Reimbursement for using own vehicle (if applicable)
- Health insurance and retirement for employees over 30 hours per week
Our office is located within walking distance to the Orange Line/ Sullivan Square in Charlestown. Offshoots Inc. compensates employees with salaries at the top of the industry. Workday is from 6:00am to 3:00pm on weekdays. Flexible hours possible. No weekend or holiday work requirements. If you are interested, please send your resume and work references to Offshoots, Inc. at email@example.com and Offshoots Director of Landscape Operations Joe Shafner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Offshoots: Focused on creating productive landscapes that provide ecological, social, and economic benefits, Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture, planning and horticultural installation company in Boston. We specialize in the design of highly specific planting schemes that are ecologically connected, integrating phytoremediation systems to uptake and remove pollutants from the environment. Installation projects include residential gardens, public parks, and multi-family housing projects. Please visit our website: www.offshootsinc.com for more information.