Field Supervisor/ Landscape Foreman
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Landscape Foreman/ Field Supervisor to oversee planting installations and run a small horticultural installation crew on residential and commercial landscape and garden installations. Candidates must have previous field experience working on landscape installation teams. A degree in Landscape Contracting, Horticulture or similar experience is preferred but not required. Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture and horticultural installation practice focusing on ecological and productive landscape strategies. We are a growing company, and there is significant room for advancement. The installation side of the company focuses on horticultural installations (soil work and planting), therefore we are looking for applicants who have a strong interest and knowledge in plants and sustainable organic landscaping practices including native plants and ecological gardening practices. Candidates will be working directly with the Director of Landscape Operations to lead in the installation of projects, do site visits and purchase materials. Jobs will include planting and softscape installations and maintenance. Please visit our website for more information on our horticulture installation services: www.offshootsinc.com.
- Previous landscaping experience required (5+ years ideal)
- A degree in Landscape Contracting, Horticulture, or similar applicable experience (highly preferred)
- Valid Driver’s license, DOT medical card, clean driving record (Offshoots will reimburse cost of DOT medical card)
- Plant identification and maintenance experience
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, proven ability to prioritize effectively, with organizational skills
- Self-directed able to work independently
- Ability to lift 70+ lbs consistently
- MCLP, MCH, Pesticides License and/ or Arborist certifications highly desirable
- Signing Bonus (with spring 2023 work commitment)
- Retirement Benefits and Health Insurance
- Competitive wage, commensurate with experience
- Education reimbursement for ongoing learning
- Paid holidays, paid vacation
- 2 days minimum paid sick leave
Our office is located within walking distance to the Orange Line/ Sullivan Square in Charlestown. Offshoots Inc. compensates employees with salaries at the top of the industry. Workday is from 6:00am to 3:00pm on weekdays. Flexible hours possible. No weekend or holiday work requirements. If you are interested, please send your resume and work references to Offshoots, Inc. at email@example.com and Offshoots Director of Landscape Operations Joe Shafner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates are welcome to join the team for the remainder of the 2022 season, or positions are available for those that wish to wait to start in the spring. Candidates that stay through the spring 2023 season will receive a signing bonus.
About Offshoots: Focused on creating productive landscapes that provide ecological, social, and economic benefits, Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture, planning and horticultural installation company in Boston. We specialize in the design of highly specific planting schemes that are ecologically connected, integrating phytoremediation systems to uptake and remove pollutants from the environment. Installation projects include residential gardens, public parks, and multi-family housing projects. Please visit our website: www.offshootsinc.com for more information.