About our Practice: Focused on creating productive landscapes that provide ecological, social and economic benefits, Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture, planning and horticultural installation company in Boston. We specialize in the planting design and the design of green infrastructure and phytoremediation systems to uptake and remove pollutants from the environment. Projects include residential gardens, multifamily housing, planning initiatives, public parks and streetscape design. Please visit our website: www.offshootsinc.com for more information.
Landscape Designer / Landscape Architect (4-8 years)
Offshoots, Inc. seeks a landscape designer/architect, with four to eight years of previous experience in high-end residential design, to join our Boston office team.
We are looking for a self-starting and flexible individual to help grow our office. Responsibilities will include:
- Project management and design lead for residential design projects
- Construction detailing and AutoCAD drafting of residential projects with potential to assist on multifamily housing, public parks and streetscape projects as needed
- Graphic layout of reports, proposals and image books in Adobe InDesign
- Opportunities for design collaboration and research in planting design
- Coordination with clients throughout the entire design process including the initial consultation, design reviews, and construction administration when applicable
Ideal candidates will be self-starters, with a creative design sensibility, a strong interest in sustainability, and experience with residential garden design. Prior professional work experience is required including experience working directly with clients, construction document preparation in AutoCAD, and construction administration. Strong plant knowledge is preferred but not required.
We are seeking either a part or full-time candidate to join us immediately and will continue our search until the right individual is found.
Please email cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and a pdf of work samples or a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org