About our Practice: Focused on creating productive landscapes that provide ecological, social and economic benefits, Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture, planning and horticultural installation company in Boston. We specialize in the planting design and the design of green infrastructure and phytoremediation systems to uptake and remove pollutants from the environment. Projects include residential gardens, multifamily housing, planning initiatives, public parks and streetscape design.
Landscape Designer / Landscape Architect (4-7 years)
Offshoots, Inc. seeks a landscape designer/architect, with four to seven years of previous experience, to join our Boston office team. We are looking for a self-starting and flexible individual to help grow our office. Responsibilities will include:
- Illustrating productive landscape systems, including diagramming phytoremediation and ecological planting strategies, 2D and 3D landscape renderings
- Construction detailing and drafting of projects ranging from residences to multifamily housing, public parks and streetscapes
- Project management of residential design projects.
- Graphic layout of reports, proposals and image books in Adobe InDesign
- Opportunities for design collaboration and research
Candidates must have excellent graphic design skills, including ability to create photorealistic perspectives, 3D visualizations, diagrams and rendered plans. Familiarity with Adobe Suite and AutoCAD is essential. Ideal candidates will be self- starters, with strong design sensibility, and creative energy. Prior professional work experience is required including some experience with construction document preparation. Interest in phytoremediation and productive ecological landscape systems is essential. Strong plant knowledge is preferred but not required.
We are seeking a full-time candidate to join us immediately and will continue our search until the right individual is found.
Please email cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and a pdf of work samples or a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscape Designer (1-3 years)
Offshoots, Inc. seeks a Landscape Architectural Designer to join our Boston-based team. Offshoots is a fast-paced hybrid design and horticultural installation practice. We are looking for a motivated and flexible individual with strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. While we are a full-service landscape architecture practice, we have a strong focus on productive horticulture and green infrastructure—candidates with strong plant knowledge are preferred. The position will be diverse, equally involved in the design studio, installation team, and general office support. Responsibilities will include:
In the design studio:
- Candidates must have excellent graphic design skills, including the ability to create photorealistic perspectives, 3D visualizations, diagrams and rendered plans
- Candidates shall have familiarity with Sketchup and/or Rhino, Adobe Suite and AutoCAD
- Presentation booklets and project boards
- Drafting and construction detailing for projects ranging from single-family residences to public parks, streetscapes and plazas
- Research plants and plant communities including innovative installation and maintenance strategies
With the installation team:
- Coordination between design studio and installation team
- Coordination between installation team and clients
- Assist in plant sourcing, estimating, and buying using Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks
- Administrative (phones, email)
- Gather information from potential clients and schedule consultations
- Generate posts for social media platforms and maintain a consistent presence
The candidate must have creative energy with a strong design sensibility and eagerness to contribute. Prior professional work experience is preferred (1-3 years).
Please email cover letter, resume, contact information for three references and a PDF of work samples or a portfolio to email@example.com