Offshoots, Inc. seeks a landscape designer/architect, with two to five years of previous experience, to join our Boston office team.
We are looking for a self-starting and flexible individual to help grow our office. Responsibilities will include:
• Illustrating productive landscape systems, including diagraming phytoremediation and ecological planting strategies, 2D and 3D landscape renderings
• Construction detailing and drafting of projects ranging from residences to multifamily housing, public parks and streetscapes
• Graphic layout of reports, proposals and image books in Adobe InDesign
• Opportunities for design collaboration and research
Candidates must have excellent graphic design skills, including ability to create photorealistic perspectives, 3D visualizations, diagrams and rendered plans. Familiarity with Adobe Suite and AutoCAD is essential. Ideal candidates will be self- starters, with strong design sensibility, and creative energy. Prior professional work experience is required including some experience with construction document preparation. Interest in phytoremediation and productive ecological landscape systems is essential.
We are seeking a full-time candidate to join us within the next few months and will continue our search until the right individual is found. Start date is flexible.
Please email cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and a pdf of work samples or a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Gardener, Maintenance Manager
Offshoots Inc. is landscape architecture and installation firm looking for a full-time Lead Gardener to take over management and care of our maintenance accounts. Candidate must be an experienced gardener, horticulturalist or landscaper with applied knowledge of plant identification and plant care. Candidates must be able to adhere to and carry out instructions from the Horticultural Field Supervisor as well as communicate priorities, plans, expectations and issues with site with the Horticultural Field Supervisor. Candidates must be an independent self-starter able to track hours, as much of the maintenance work will be done solo. Job involves working directly with plants, sod, turf, mulch, some pavers and irrigation. Candidates must be able to manage maintenance support crew when site requires.
Daily tasks include: maintenance of woody, perennials and annual material, pruning, deadheading, grooming, weeding, edging, organic pesticide and fertilizer application, mulching, spring and fall clean up and debris removal.
Candidates must have:
- Personal Vehicle required
- Valid Drivers license, clean driving record
- Plant identification and maintenance experience
- Strong observation and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, proven ability to prioritize effectively
- Strong organization skills
- Self-directed able to work independently
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs consistently
- MCLP, MCH, Arborist strongly preferred
The position is for the 2019 season, ranging from spring/mid-March of 2019 to December of 2019. However, Offshoots is open to starting the right candidate this fall for the 2018 fall season.
- Reimbursement for using own vehicle
- Competitive hourly wage, commensurate with experience
- Education reimbursement for ongoing learning
- Paid vacations, holidays, and personal/sick days
Our office is located within walking distance to the Orange Line/ Sullivan Square in Charlestown. This is an hourly, seasonal position with compensation commensurate with experience. Offshoots Inc. compensates employees with hourly rates at the top of the industry, especially candidates with strong prior landscaping experience. Work day is from 6:00am to 2:00pm on weekdays. Flexible hours possible. No weekend or holiday work requirements.
Please reply to this posting with your resume and 3 references addressed to:
547 Rutherford Ave
Charlestown, MA 02129
About our Practice: Focused on creating productive landscapes that provide ecological, social and economic benefits, Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture, planning and horticultural installation company in Boston. We specialize in the design of green infrastructure and phytoremediation systems to uptake and remove pollutants from the environment. Projects include large scale regional planning initiatives, public park and streetscape design, multi-family housing and residential gardens. Please visit our website: www.offshootsinc.com for more information. Must love plants and dogs.