Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
Offshoots created a comprehensive master plan document for each site, including an intensive site analysis, stormwater management strategies, circulation studies, signage and wayfinding, educational programming, universal accessibility adherence, and site furniture design.
As part of a 5-year Long Range Property Planning initiative, the Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts project entails the development of a master plan document for 5 60 +/- Acres camp sites. The “core properties” on this project each have their own distinctive program requirements and associated site improvements, as well as different ecosystems:
- Camp Runels in Pelham, NH: Wetland corridor
- Camp Wind in the Pines in Plymouth, MA: Pine barrens interior forest
- Camp Favorite in Brewster, MA: Edge of coastal kettle pond
- Camp Cedar Hill in Waltham, MA: River
- Camp Maude Eaton in Andover, MA: White pine woodland
In addition to designing the 5-year master plan for each Core Property site, Offshoots is designing site furnishings, signage, and iconography to be used on trail maps and brochures.