Offshoots Inc. is looking for an experienced gardener with prior organic gardening or sustainable landscaping experience to join our garden maintenance team. The individual shall be eager to work with and learn about plants with a strong interest in native and novel plant communities including meadows; it can be either a part-time or full-time role. This team member will be required to carry out instructions from our Lead Gardener as well as communicate priorities, plans, expectations, and issues with other staff. Candidates must be independent self-starters able to track hours and take digital photos to track plant community development on job sites. The job involves working directly with plants, mulch, and irrigation systems.
Daily tasks include: driving to job sites, maintenance of woody, perennials and annual material, installation of small plant materials, pruning, deadheading, grooming, weeding, edging, organic pesticide and fertilizer application, mulching, spring and fall clean up, and debris removal.
- Valid Drivers license, clean driving record
- Strong observation and communication skills, with significant interest in organic, sustainable horticultural practices.
- Strong work ethic, proven ability to prioritize effectively, with organizational skills
- Self-directed able to work independently
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs consistently
- An added plus is if the candidate has a personal vehicle they could use for work (but this is not required). Mileage and vehicular expenses for work will be reimbursed if applicable.
- Competitive hourly wage, commensurate with experience
- Education reimbursement for ongoing learning
- Paid sick leave and vacation benefits
- Reimbursement for using own vehicle (if applicable)
Our office is located within walking distance to the Orange Line/Sullivan Square in Charlestown. Offshoots Inc. compensates employees with salaries at the top of the industry. Workday is from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm on weekdays. Flexible hours possible. No weekend or holiday work requirements. If you are interested please contact Offshoots, Inc. Director of Landscape Operations at email@example.com with a resume and work references.
About Offshoots: Focused on creating productive landscapes that provide ecological, social, and economic benefits, Offshoots, Inc. is a landscape architecture, planning, and horticultural installation company in Boston. We specialize in the design of highly specific planting schemes that are ecologically connected, integrating phytoremediation systems to uptake and remove pollutants from the environment. Installation projects include residential gardens, public parks, and multi-family housing projects. Please visit our website: www.offshootsinc.com for more information